Synthesis and characterization of poly 2-formyl thiophene by hydrochloric acid as catalyst
Keywords:Thiophene, 2-formylthiophene, polymers Characterization, XPS, EDX, SEM
AbstractUsually Thiophene and its derivatives were polymerized by chemical and electrochemical method. In this paper 2-formylthiophene was polymerized by hydrochloric acid as catalyst in Alcohol as solvent. The resulting polymer was Characterized by (FT/IR, 1H-NMR, EDX and XPS) to determine the polymer structure. the resulting polymer was scaned by scaning electron microscope (SEM) for its morphological properties. We found the polymer consisting of Spherical particles with a rough surface (average diameters of 121 nanometers) that clump together and form clusters
-Ng, S. C., Chan, H. S. O., Wong, P. M. L., Tan, K. L., & Tan, B. T. G. (1998). Novel heteroarylene polyazomethines: their syntheses and characterizations. Polymer, 39(20), 4963–4968. doi:10.1016/s0032-3861(97)10029-5.
- Valderrama-García B.X., Rodríguez-Alba E. Morales-Espinoza E.G., Chane-Ching K.M. and Rivera E.(2016),Synthesis and Characterization of Novel Polythiophenes Containing Pyrene Chromophores: Thermal, Optical and Electrochemical Properties, Molecules, Vol 21 No 172 pp 1-18. doi:10.3390/molecules21020172
- AMINA MIRSAKIYEVA Mirsakiyeva A. (2017) PhD thesis : Electronic and optical properties of conducting polymers from quantum mechanical computations, Department of Applied Physics, School of Engineering Sciences,KTH Royal Institute of Technology,Stockholm, Sweden.
-Shim, G. H., & Foulger, S. H. (2012). Coupling of crystalline colloidal arrays with intrinsically conductive polymers: Reflection-type electrochromic devices. Photonics and Nanostructures - Fundamentals and Applications, 10(4), 440–446. doi:10.1016/j.photonics.2011.12.001.
-Kasa T. and Gebrewold F.,2017, Polymers and Its Application in Light Emitting Diodes: A Review Article, Advances in Physics Theories and Applications, ISSN 2225-0638 (Online), Vol.62,pp 28-37.
-Duan, L., Lu, J., Liu, W., Huang, P., Wang, W., & Liu, Z. (2012). Fabrication of conductive polymer-coated sulfur composite cathode materials based on layer-by-layer assembly for rechargeable lithium–sulfur batteries. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 414, 98–103. doi:10.1016/j.colsurfa.2012.08.033
- Hernandez S. C.,2007, Single Polypyrrole Nanowire Ammonia Gas sensor, InterScience, Vol. 19, No. 19-20, pp. 2125-2130.
-Bayramoğlu, G., Karakışla, M., Altıntaş, B., Metin, A. U., Saçak, M., & Arıca, M. Y. (2009). Polyaniline grafted polyacylonitrile conductive composite fibers for reversible immobilization of enzymes: Stability and catalytic properties of invertase. Process Biochemistry, 44(8), 880–885. doi:10.1016/j.procbio.2009.04.011
- Gherras H., Yahiaoui A., Hachemaoui A., Belfeda A., Dehbi A. and Mourad A.I. (2018), synthesis and characterization of poly (2,5-diyl pyrrole-2-pyrrolyl methine) semiconductor copolymer, Journal of Semiconductors, Vol. 39, No. 9.
- Carrasco P. M., Grande H. J., Cortazar M., Alberd. J. M i, J. Areizaga and Pomposa J. A., 2006, Structure-Conductivity Relationships in Chemical Polypyrroles of Low, Medium and High Conductivity, Synthetic Metals, Vol.156., pp. 420-425.
-Kumar R., Singh S. and Yadav B.C., 2015, conductting polymer: synthesis, properties and applications , IARJSET, Vol 2, No 11, pp2394-2421
-Raj, M. R., Anandan, S., Solomon, R. V., Venuvanalingam, P., Iyer, S. S. K., & Ashokkumar, M. (2013). Conjugated polymer based on oligobenzo[c]thiophene with low-lying HOMO energy level as potential donor for bulk heterojunction solar cells. Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A: Chemistry, 262, 34–44. doi:10.1016/j.jphotochem.2013.04.013
-Ramesan, M. T., & Suhailath, K. (2017). Role of nanoparticles on polymer composites. Micro and Nano Fibrillar Composites (MFCs and NFCs) from Polymer Blends, 301–326. doi:10.1016/b978-0-08-101991-7.00013-3
- Bhattarai, D. P., Awasthi, G. P., Maharjan, B., Lee, J., Kim, B.-S., Park, C. H., & Kim, C. S. (2019). Synthesis of polythiophene nanoparticles by surfactant-free chemical oxidative polymerization method: Characterization, in vitro biomineralization, and cytotoxicity evaluation. Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry.doi:10.1016/j.jiec.2019.04.045
-Zaman M.B. and Perepichka D.F.,2005,A new simple synthesis of poly(thiophene-methine)s, The Royal Society of Chemistry, pp 4187–4195.