About the Journal
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
The Kuwait Journal of Science publishes four issues per year (January, April, July, October).
Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement
The Kuwait Journal of Science is committed to following best practices on ethical matters, errors and retractions. The prevention of publication malpractice is one of the important responsibilities of the editorial board. Any kind of unethical behavior is unacceptable, and KJS will not tolerate plagiarism in any form. Authors submitting articles to KJS affirm that manuscript contents are original. Furthermore, they warrant that their article has neither been published elsewhere nor it is under review for publication anywhere.
DUTIES OF EDITOR
- Publication Decisions: Based on the review report of the editorial board, the editor can accept, reject, or request modifications to the manuscript.
- Review of Manuscripts: Editor must ensure that each manuscript is initially evaluated by the editor for originality. After passing this check, the manuscript is forwarded to two reviewers for single-blind peer review, each of whom will make a recommendation to accept, reject, or modify the manuscript. The review period will be around 30 days.
- Fair Play: The editor ensures that each manuscript received by the Journal is reviewed for its intellectual content without regard to sex, gender, race, religion, citizenship, etc. of the authors.
- Confidentiality: The editor ensures that information regarding manuscripts submitted by the authors is kept confidential.
- Disclosure and Conflicts of Interest: The editor of the Journal will not use unpublished materials disclosed in a submitted manuscript for his own research without written consent of the author.
DUTIES OF AUTHOR
- Reporting Standards: Authors should present an accurate account of their original research as well as an objective discussion of its significance. Manuscripts will follow the submission guidelines of the journal. (See submission guideline policies)
- Originality: Authors must ensure that they have entirely written original work.
- Multiple, Redundant, or Concurrent Publications: Authors should not submit the same manuscript to more than one journal concurrently. It is also expected that the authors will not publish redundant manuscripts or manuscripts describing the same research in more than one journal.
- Acknowledgement of Sources: Authors should acknowledge all sources of data used in the research and cite publications that have been influential in the research work.
- Authorship of the Paper: Authorship should be limited to those who have made a significant contribution to conception, design, execution or interpretation of the reported study. Others who have made significant contribution must be listed as co-authors. Authors also ensure that all the authors have seen and agreed to the submitted version of the manuscript and their inclusion of names as co-authors.
- Data Access and Retention: Authors should provide raw data related to their manuscript for editorial review and must retain such data.
- Fundamental Errors in Published Works: If at any point of time, the author(s) discovers a significant error or inaccuracy in submitted manuscript, the error or inaccuracy must be reported to the editor.
- Withdrawal of Manuscript: The Manuscript cannot be withdrawn or published in another Journal, once it is reviewed by KJS. If this happens then authors are liable to pay the review expenses and will be banned and blacklisted from publication in KJS for 3 years.
DUTIES OF REVIEWERS
- Confidentiality: Information regarding manuscripts submitted by authors should be kept confidential and be treated as privileged information.
- Acknowledgement of Sources: Manuscript reviewers must ensure that authors have acknowledged all sources of data used in research. Any kind of similarity or overlap between the manuscripts under consideration or with any other published paper of which reviewer has personal knowledge must be immediately brought to the editor's notice.
- Standards of Objectivity: Review of submitted manuscripts must be done objectively and the reviewers should express their views clearly with supporting arguments.
- Promptness: In the event that a reviewer feels it is not possible for him/her to complete review of manuscript within the stipulated time then this information must be communicated to the editor, so that the manuscript could be sent to another reviewer.
Academic misconduct in any form will not be tolerated by “Kuwait Journal of Science”. In cases of suspected misconduct (plagiarism, fraud, breached intellectual property rights, etc.) a panel will be formed to evaluate the substance of the claim. If the claim is supported by evidence, the paper in question will be rejected and all authors and their affiliations will be informed. In case the paper has already been published before the misconduct was discovered, the paper will be withdrawn from KJS archive and an announcement of this act will be posted in the first issue published following the case. Cases of misconduct may result in a three-year or longer ban from future submission to “Kuwait Journal of Science”. The author(s) might be blacklisted.
As a continuation of Kuwait Journal of Science and Engineering (KJSE), which has been in publication by the Academic Pubilication Council of Kuwait University since year 1974, the Kuwait Journal of Science (KJS) is an open-access, multidisciplinary journal publishing original research to a wide readership of academics and professionals in various scientific disciplines.